Why Great Work Life?
My 26 years of working in business, specifically in the information technology sector, have been very challenging and rewarding. My career enabled me to travel the world, get married, move country, build a house, build a family, have great vacations, and build numerous businesses on the side.
I would like to say I am a genius, but I am not. I work hard and do things the right way, treating people with respect and dignity, always.
Some career highlights:
- I had my first management position at aged 18
- I managed a helpdesk of 40 people at IBM at age 23 (within two years of leaving University)
- I have managed direct and indirect teams of thousands of people.
- I have led teams that have delivered hundreds of millions of dollars in process improvement and business transformation programs.
- By default, my performance rating in performance reviews over the years has been “High Performer.”
- I have been promoted ten times in 23 years, which is a promotion every 2.3 years.
- I have conducted over 700 job interviews and hired hundreds of people.
- I have visited 48 different countries on business and pleasure.
I have been leading local and remote teams for some of Silicon Valleys giants for the last 23 years. I have held various global management, leadership, and strategic corporate transformation roles for Hewlett Packard, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and DXC Technology for the last 18 years.
My specialty is building high-performance teams across the globe to enable business transformation and, at the same time, enabling my team to realize their own success and promoting them as much as possible.
If it happened in the corporate world, I have seen it already. I have been in high growth environments; I have been caught up in takeovers, mergers, and, more recently, part of a pre-merger cleanroom operation. I have witnessed mass redundancies, strikes, and cultural depressions.
I have seen terrible managers, witnessed unprofessional behavior, and met managers, directors, and vice presidents who spoke utter garbage the whole time.
I have also worked with a few truly great leaders who inspire and lead from the front with great business knowledge and charisma, enough charisma to see you through the bad business cycles in the hope for better times.
So everything you read on this site is not written by a freelance copywriter or a student straight out of college, it is written by someone who has been in the trenches for decades.
Do You Want to Contribute Your Knowledge & Insights?
My mission is to help you be successful and enjoy the Great Work Life that I had. Why? Because sharing is fun.
Barry D. Moore – CFTe, BA (Hons) Business, MCSE, LSS Blackbelt, Father, Husband, Joker, Muppet, Bad Golfer.
Follow Me On Linked In.